What issues do the Koch brothers and the GOP have against Americans who sustain life via Medicaid and Medicare?
A quick glance at the two Human Services programs.
For sake of time (our time and your time) we will not dig deeper into the demographics.
In the past few days Jeb Bush has tickled the Koch brothers with talk of eliminating Medicaid and "Phasing out" Medicare. Imagine you and me at the mercy of insurance companies and horrific hospital administration without aid for older Americans?
And this comes from a candidate who claims to be a moderate...
Posted by Salon on Friday, July 24, 2015
How about a look and read o the Koch brothers agenda for America via the Bernie Sanders (I-VT) webpage.
In 1980, David Koch ran as the Libertarian Party’s vice-presidential candidate in 1980.Let’s take a look at the 1980 Libertarian Party platform.Here are just a few excerpts of the Libertarian Party platform that David Koch ran on in 1980:
- “We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”
- “We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.”
- “We oppose any compulsory insurance or tax-supported plan to provide health services, including those which finance abortion services.”
- “We also favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry.”
- “We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”
- “We propose the abolition of the governmental Postal Service. The present system, in addition to being inefficient, encourages governmental surveillance of private correspondence. Pending abolition, we call for an end to the monopoly system and for allowing free competition in all aspects of postal service.”
- “We oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.”
- “We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.”
- “As an interim measure, all criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately.”
- “We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”
- “We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended.”
- “We condemn compulsory education laws … and we call for the immediate repeal of such laws.”
- “We support the repeal of all taxes on the income or property of private schools, whether profit or non-profit.”
- “We support the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.”
- “We support abolition of the Department of Energy.”
- “We call for the dissolution of all government agencies concerned with transportation, including the Department of Transportation.”
- “We demand the return of America's railroad system to private ownership. We call for the privatization of the public roads and national highway system.”
- “We specifically oppose laws requiring an individual to buy or use so-called "self-protection" equipment such as safety belts, air bags, or crash helmets.”
- “We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration.”
- “We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration.”
- “We support an end to all subsidies for child-bearing built into our present laws, including all welfare plans and the provision of tax-supported services for children.”
- “We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”
- “We call for the privatization of the inland waterways, and of the distribution system that brings water to industry, agriculture and households.”
- “We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.”
- “We call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.”
- “We support the repeal of all state usury laws.”In other words, the agenda of the Koch brothers is not only todefund Obamacare. The agenda of the Koch brothers is to repeal every major piece of legislation that has been signed into law over the past 80 years that has protected the middle class, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the most vulnerable in this country.
Jeb Bush is outpacing all 2016 candidates for the presidency ad he hasn't yet officially declared as a candidate. The fact that he is avoiding a declaration to skirt campaigning financing issues is nefarious to put it mildly.
Ezra Klein's VOX published the stark reality and result of Bush's political subterfuge: Campaign Finance Visualized.
It seems the Kochs are driving the 2016 run for the presidency just as they boasted. Bush with his attacks on Medicaid and Medicare seems to be the perfect stooge Oval Office holder.