The Pardu

The Pardu
Watchful eyes and ears feed the brain, thus nourishing the brain cells.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Navy Seal Dead, 3 Seals Wounded, 8 Yr Old American Child Killed

Let's hope the Trump Administration does a much better job of protecting the lives of our military troops. Especially special operation troops who rely on the utmost of planning and execution.

The first such mission under Trump failed as miserably as his handling of his comments bout Black History Month.

ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos

Business Insider and other media are reporting on the failed raid with varying degrees of focus. Some media are focusing on Trump's "surprise" visit at the body transfer while other media are offering more in-depth reporting including the reality of causalities including women and an 8-year-old child. AOL published a report on the raid which was first published as an NBC News report.

Business Insider excerpt: 
US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support, or adequate backup preparations. 
As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger-than-expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists. (read mor elinked above via "Bsiness Insider")
AOL excerpt:
Contrary to earlier reporting, the senior military official said, the raid was Trump's first clandestine strike — not a holdover mission approved by President Barack Obama. The mission involved "boots on the ground" at an al Qaeda camp near al Bayda in south central Yemen, the official said. 
"Almost everything went wrong," the official said. (read more linked above via "AOL")
Occupy Democrats also published a social media piece worth a few minutes of reading time.
Now, U.S. military officials are pointing fingers – and responsibility lies with President Trump. Our ignorant showboat of a President “approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations” according to Reuters. “As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists. One of the three U.S. officials said on-the-ground surveillance of the compound was ‘minimal, at best.‘” 
It is also revealed that the proposed raid had been presented before ex-President Obama, who had refused to give the green light due to operational reasons – meaning he wasn’t comfortable with the level of tactical information available on the target and the defenses. It goes to show how seriously President Obama took every decision of this magnitude, and how cavalier Trump was with the lives of our servicemen and women. (Read more linked above)
The Daily Kos also reports Trump may not have even joined in viewing the raid in the Situation Room.
Talking Points Memo added to the reporting via comment the Pentagon is pointing the finger squarely at the newly elected carnival barker.

Of course, The New York Daily News lays out the Trump failure as one would expect the from The Daily News: KING: Donald Trump just got people needlessly killed in military raid.

Steve Bannon's Breitbart News reported on the raid without any reference to from President Obama's administration while other media have falsely reported the raid was an Obama leftover. Breitbart accurately reported that CNN wrongly reported the raid left no civilian casualties. CNN is a sad relic of a once credible news source. The raid firefight resulted in the killing of women (some of whom may have taken up arms) as well as the 8-year-old (American born) daughter of a former terror preacher Nawar al-Awlaki.

We have to ask. Does the failed missions and reports of inadequate planning based on a lack of accurate INTEL surprise anyone, as we view the Trump Administration? 

No comments :

Post a Comment